As we head toward 2014, I thought it would be nice to look back at the top 10 Atopalm blogs from 2013! This is a collection featuring personal favorites, popular posts, or posts providing some great skin care information. Without further ado, and in no particular order, here they are!
1) How to Care for Your Eye Area may not be groundbreaking, but it contains important skin care tips that too many people ignore! The eye area is very delicate and requires special care. In our post, we detail how to best treat and protect the eye area in order to maintain a youthful, healthy appearance.
2) Skin Care Tips for Camping became very popular on our Facebook and Twitter pages! With great tips on how to keep dry, sensitive skin feeling healthy while camping, this post is perfect for those who love to enjoy the outdoors without feeling the after effects of too much sun, wind, or rain.
3) Skin Care for Shingles isn’t our most glamorous post, but for those suffering from shingles, it contains essential skin care information. Shingles is a serious condition and our post should never be used to diagnose or treat skin affected by shingles. However, it is a great resource for soothing and comforting shingles skin while your doctor-prescribed care heals the condition.
4) Dry Skin Care for Babies and Children is a must-read if your child has dry skin issues like eczema or rough, flaky patches. Children have a hard time ignoring dry skin symptoms like itching and stinging, which can make for a fussy baby, or cause an older child to scratch and further hurt their skin. Plus, our post also has great information on our advanced Diaper Rash Cream!
5) The Oil Cleansing Method for Skin raised a few eyebrows on our Facebook page, but we also received great feedback from those who love oil cleansing! Oil cleansing used in skin care is an interesting method for actually purifying the skin using oil, which is hugely beneficial for dry skin types.
6) Why Skin Care Antioxidants Matter is a great explanation of why antioxidants in skin care are so much more than just a fad. Antioxidant use in beauty products has been proven to be healthful and a great way to help treat and prevent premature signs of skin aging, while also deeply nourishing the skin!
7) Featured Question: Natural Moisturizer Allergy — what do you do when you’re allergic or sensitive to popular natural skin moisturizers, but don’t want to use harsh chemical replacements? Our post, inspired by a customer question on our Facebook page, gives some helpful skin care tips and tricks for using natural moisturizers without causing skin irritation.
8) 35 Tips and Tricks for Soothing Dry, Sensitive, and Rosacea Afflicted Skin is a post all about our free ebook by the same name. It’s a quick look at this free resource, which offers in-depth advice for treating dry skin, sensitive skin, and rosacea.
9) Moisturizing Oily and Acne-Prone Skin was written with one goal in mind: to help those with oily and acne skin to learn the importance of moisturizing their problem skin! Too many people with oily and acne-prone skin feel that moisture is the last thing their skin needs. Little do they know that this can actually lead to worse acne problems!
10) Baby Foot Exfoliation Treatment vs. Atopalm Foot and Heel Balm was by far our most popular and talked-about post of 2013. In it, we talk about a newer foot exfoliation fad, and the dangers and cringe-worthy side effects that are experienced with the product in question. We then compare the fad product to our tried-and-true Foot and Heel Balm. Needless to say, many of our Facebook fans vowed to stay far away from the fad, and instead stick with Atopalm!
Did we miss one of your favorite Atopalm posts from 2013? Nominate your favorite in the comments!