If you’re looking to create a gorgeous, dewy look this summer, we have some easy makeup tips that will leave your face looking healthy, fresh, and naturally beautiful.
The foundation of all gorgeous makeup looks isn’t foundation itself—it’s healthy skin! If you’re taking care of your skin, you’re halfway to flawless makeup. Your dewy, healthy glow should come from within, with makeup used only to enhance and perfect your look.
It’s ignorant to act like healthy skin is easy to attain. For those with chronic conditions like acne, rosacea, or eczema, achieving skin health isn’t a walk in the park. But with ATOPALM, healthy skin is not impossible—it simply takes patience and dedication to your skin care routine.
Our Makeup Users Bundle is designed specifically with makeup-wearers in mind. The two products featured in the bundle work together to purify, clarify, soften, and smooth skin so that less makeup is needed to achieve your desired look.
When you use less makeup, your skin benefits as well. Skin that is buried under concealers, thick foundations, and similar products will often have a hard time getting enough oxygen. Plus it’s more likely that pores will become clogged, especially if your products are not non-comedogenic.
During summer, excess makeup can also leave you feeling hotter! Not to mention the dreaded makeup-sweat.
This summer, don’t rely on heavy makeup to achieve the healthy look you want. Focus on skin care to get glowing, summer-ready skin, and leave the makeup for fun and self-expression.
Easy Summer Skin Care Tips
- Cleanse morning and evening, but also after excess sweat! We get it, you can’t dash to the bathroom to wash your face every time you sweat; however, when you’ve been sweating it out, make it a priority to cleanse and moisturize as soon as you can. This isn’t prima donna behavior; it’s making a priority of your skin’s health.
- Use an MLE moisturizer after every cleansing to reinforce the skin’s barrier. During summer, the skin barrier is attacked by extra sun and, in some areas, dry climates. Replenishing and reinforcing your skin’s lipid layer with MLE will allow it to function at its optimal levels.
As far as which moisturizer to choose, most people don’t prefer a heavy or thick moisturizer during summer, but if that’s what your skin needs, go for it! Texture is up to you.
- Use an SPF! We’ve covered the importance of SPF on the blog before, but it really cannot be overstated. Sun damage is responsible for many, many skin issues, and the best way to avoid those issues is to use an SPF whenever you’re going to spend more than 15 minutes in the sun.
You can also avoid sun damage by wearing protective clothing, avoiding prime UV hours (between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.), and choosing shady areas to spend your outdoor time.
Easy Summer Makeup Tips
- Choose a lightweight foundation. We are still fans of mineral makeup, as it’s breathable, lightweight, and provides its own SPF protection. If you prefer traditional foundation, choose something non-comedogenic (which means it won’t clog pores), that offers breathable coverage. If you can get away with it, a tinted moisturizer is also a great option.
Apply your foundation in light layers, using only the amount necessary to achieve the look you desire.
- Set your makeup with a hydrating spray. Using a product like Real Barrier Essence Mist to set makeup will leave a light layer of hydration over your makeup, helping your face achieve a radiant glow while offering your skin an extra layer of protective moisture.
- Play with sheer versions of your favorite shades. While vibrant colors also have their place during summer, choosing sheer shades of your favorite makeup colors is a great way to achieve a light, fresh look that’s perfect for days at the beach and nights by the campfire.
Remember that, above all else, makeup should feel fun and empowering—not like a chore or something that you have to do to make other people happy. Makeup is a way to express yourself and feel beautiful, which you can also do without makeup!