Did you grow up using oil-free skin care? Are you still afraid that oil-based skin care will break you out? Do you feel like skin care oils will feel heavy or greasy?
There’s no need to worry!
The understanding of how oils help your skin has come a very long way from when we believed that oils would cause greasiness, breakouts, and more. There are a slew of beneficial skin care oils that will do wonders for your skin, no matter what your skin type. That’s right, even oily and blemish-prone skin types can benefit from skin care oils!
Not all oils are created equal, however; it’s definitely important to know which oils will help your skin, and which ones may cause irritation or the dreaded breakout. The good news is that you can trust ATOPALM to only offer products containing oils that were specifically chosen for their gentle, nourishing, and beneficial natures.
Here’s a look at five reasons why you should use quality skin care oils:
- They’ll revive dry skin. Oil-based cleansers and moisturizers help to reduce flaking, rough texture, and even some redness! You can apply oils to ultra dry areas in the form of a spot treatment, or slather oil formulations all over the face and body for a deep moisturization treatment.
- They’ll help remove makeup. Oil cleansing is one of the very best ways to remove every trace of makeup. Some prefer to do a pure oil “pre-cleanse” followed by washing with a regular cleanser, while others combine the two steps by using an oil balm cleanser.
- They’re deeply nourishing. Botanical oils offer intensive nourishment and natural protection in the form of vitamins and antioxidants. Depending on the oils you’re using, some of the nourishment your skin could be enjoying includes vitamin C which brightens skin, free radical-neutralization which slows the appearance of skin aging, vitamin E which conditions skin, and so much more.
- They’ll plump skin. You can reduce visible signs of aging and create a perfect makeup canvas with oils. Because oils are lipophilic, they penetrate quickly and deeply into the skin in order to plump from within. This will help skin look smoother, which in turn helps you look more youthful, and makes makeup look even more flawless.
- They may help balance sebum and create clearer skin. Tea tree oil and jojoba oil in particular are great for oily and blemish-prone skin types. Yup, this means oil may actually help you with your acne-prone skin! Tea tree oil has long been used as a zit-zapper, while jojoba oil is said to help regulate sebum production in order to reduce feelings of oily skin while further promoting a clear complexion.
As you can see, using skin care oils is a great choice for any skin type. Find the oils that help you target your skin care concerns, and you’ll be well on your way to healthier, more beautiful skin!